Monday, July 8, 2019

In Remembrance.......Oscar Perez



I was deeply saddened to hear of Oscar's passing on June 20th and would like to take a moment and extend my deepest condolences on behalf of the entire staff of GMS to the family of Oscar Perez. My sincere sympathy to his wife Martha and son Oscar Jr.

Oscar started out as a groundsman for my father back in 1990 when Castle & Cooke still ran golf operations and was eventually promoted to lead mechanic. He held that position with C&C, Valley Crest golf maintenance and GMS. Oscar retired in 2017.

Oscar's contributions during his 27 years here at Pueblo del Sol are far to numerous to name. Working with Oscar for 20 of those years I can tell you his strong work ethic, integrity and willingness to help others in need always stood out for me and personally will never be forgotten.

Thank you Oscar, not just for the things you did here but for being my friend. 



When I'm Gone

When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile
Forget unkind words I have spoken
Remember some good I have done
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun
Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day
Then forget to grieve for my going
I would not have you sad for a day
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay
And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best

............by Mrs. Lyman Hancock






1 comment:

  1. Oscar was a great coworker and friend. He will be missed by all. RIP!

    ReplyDelete